Amazing Cats Facts and Cats Information For Cat Lovers List 2
Cats are the most popular pet in the United States. There are 88 million pet cats and 74 million dogs. So undoubly, cats are the most popular pets in western country. Cats are cute, adorable, amazing and furry. Time spent with cats is never wasted. So cats facts, kitten facts and cat information are always interesting to know. This is the 2nd part of the post “Amazing Cats Facts and Cats Information For Cat Lovers (Part 1)”. If you missed it, you can read it from above link. So here are some fascinating facts about cats you must know. And don’t Forget to share this in your network. Thanks…!!
- Mindblowing Facts About Milky Galaxy
- Fascinating Facts About Kissing
- Amazing Facts About The Movie "The Dark Knight"
- The oldest cat on record was Crème Puff from Austin, Texas, who lived from 1967 to August 6, 2005, three days after her 38th birthday. A cat typically can live up to 20 years, which is equivalent to about 96 human years.
- The most popular pedigreed cat is the Persian cat, followed by the Main Coon cat and the Siamese cat. While, the smallest pedigreed cat is a Singapura, which can weigh just 4 lbs (1.8 kg), or about five large cans of cat food. The largest pedigreed cats are Maine Coon cats, which can weigh 25 lbs (11.3 kg), or nearly twice as much as an average cat weighs.
- The Egyptian Mau is probably the oldest breed of cat. In fact, the breed is so ancient that its name is the Egyptian word for “cat.”
- The first commercially cloned pet was a cat named "Little Nicky." He cost his owner $50,000, making him one of the most expensive cats ever.
- The world’s richest cat is worth £15million after his human passed away and left her fortune to him .
- Perhaps the most famous comic cat is the Cheshire Cat in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”Also The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- The front paws of a cat are different from the back paws. They have five toes on the front but only four on the back. Some cats are known as ‘polydactyl’ and have extra toes. Some polydactyl have as many as eight toes per paw.
- London was the home of the first ever cat show. It took place in 1871 and started a trend which has continued ever since.
- Cats’ hearts beat at a rate of 110-140 beats per minutes around twice as fast as the average human.
- Just as a human’s fingerprints are unique, each cat has a completely different nose.
- In 2011, scientists concluded that your pet cat may become very ill if you interfere with its routine. Also A cat’s tail will quiver if it is near somebody it loves.
- Cats enjoy sitting on warm objects, which is probably why your kitty likes to sit on your computer so often.
- Cats might look harmless, but they have worked together to make over 30 different species extinct. Even house cats love hunting, and have contributed heavily to this figure.
- The world’s rarest coffee, Kopi Luwak, comes from Indonesia where a wildcat known as the luwak lives. The cat eats coffee berries and the coffee beans inside pass through the stomach. The beans are harvested from the cat’s dung heaps and then cleaned and roasted. Kopi Luwak sells for about $500 for a 450 g (1 lb) bag.
- Approximately 1/3 of cat owners think their pets are able to read their minds while 11/ of the world considered them as cat persons.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has 206. A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- In just seven years, a single pair of cats and their offspring could produce a staggering total of 420,000 kittens.
- Cats spend nearly 1/3 of their waking hours cleaning themselves.
- Cats are extremely sensitive to vibrations. Cats are said to detect earthquake tremors 10 or 15 minutes before humans can.
- The most traveled cat is Hamlet, who escaped from his carrier while on a flight. He hid for seven weeks behind a panel on the airplane. By the time he was discovered, he had traveled nearly 373,000 miles (600,000 km).
- The most expensive cat was an Asian Leopard cat (ALC)-Domestic Shorthair (DSH) hybrid named Zeus. Zeus, who is 90% ALC and 10% DSH, has an asking price of £100,000 ($154,000).Below is an Asian Leopard.
- The cat who holds the record for the longest non-fatal fall is Andy. He fell from the 16 th floor of an apartment building (about 200 ft/.06 km) and survived.
- A cat's vision is superior at night in comparison to humans, and inferior in daylight and they can see in color, but are partially color blind. They have the equivalency of human red/green color blindness. (Reds appear green and greens appear red; or shades thereof.). Also Cats can see up to 120 feet away. Their peripheral vision is about 285 degrees.
- Cats do recognize their owners’ voices, but often act like they don’t care and also acts too cool to care (probably because they are).
- Mindblowing Facts About The Dogs
- Amazing Facts About One Of The Biggest Game Publisher In The World
- Random Facts List 2
Check This Video,
Glad to see you here. Keep checking interestingawesome.blogspot.com for cool, awesome, even weird facts. And don’t forget show us your love by sharing this in your network. Thanks...!!