40 Fascinating Facts About Human Body You Must Know
"I acknowledge the privilege of being alive in a human body at this moment, endowed with senses, memories, emotions, thoughts, and the space of mind in its wisdom aspect."
In my previous post "Awesome Facts About Human Body(Part 1)" I Promised to you that I Will be back with more awesome facts about human body. So this is it. The human body is the entire structure of a human being and comprises a head, neck ,trunk, arms and hands , legs and feet . Every part of the body is composed of various types of cells, the fundamental unit of life. Human are characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion; manual dexterity and increased tool use, compared to other animals; and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies. So arguably, human and human body is the greatest creation of mother nature. So allow me to continue the post Amazing Facts About Human Body (Part 1).
- Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
- The brain itself cannot feel pain. While the brain might be the pain center when you cut your finger or burn yourself, the brain itself does not have pain receptors and cannot feel pain.
- Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greatest. A ten year study in Scotland found that 20% more people die of heart attacks on Mondays than any other day of the week. Researchers theorize that it’s a combination of too much fun over the weekend with the stress of going back to work that causes the increase.
- Over 90% of diseases are caused or complicated by stress.
- We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening and 10 % of the world population ’ s is left handed .
- Women burn fat more slowly than men, by a rate of about 50 calories a day. Most men have a much easier time burning fat than women. Women, because of their reproductive role, generally require a higher basic body fat proportion than men, and as a result their bodies don’t get rid of excess fat at the same rate as men.
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- Chicken liver can be used to change A type blood to O type blood.
- It is not possible to tickle yourself. The cerebellum, a part of the brain, warns the rest of the brain that you are about to tickle yourself. Since your brain knows this, it ignores the resulting sensation.
- Each nostril of a human being registers smells in a different way. Smells that are made from the right nostril are more pleasant than the left. However, smells can be detected more accurately when made by the left nostril.
- If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be heated to 28,000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than the surface of the Sun.
- The average red blood cell lives for 120 days and there are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment.
- Our heart beats around 100,00 times every day or about 30 million times in a year.
- In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- A human being can look forward to having sex an average of 2,580 times with five different partners.
- Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
- The human eye is so sensitive that if the Earth were flat, you could spot a candle flickering at night from up to 30 miles away.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach blushes too.
- We humans are the best long-distance runners on the planet. Better than any four-legged animal. In fact, thousands of years ago we used to run after our prey until they died of exhaustion.
- The atoms that make up your human body today are same atoms that formed during the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago.
- Our brain's connected neurons look similar to the structure of the universe. In a way, our brains are modeled after the universe.
- Along with the five traditional senses of sound, sight, touch, smell and taste, humans have 15 “other senses." These include balance, temperature, pain and time as well as internal senses for suffocation, thirst, and fullness.
- The thumbnail grows the slowest; the middle nail grows the fastest.
- Children grow faster in the springtime and Your lungs need a lot of breathing room. The total surface area of the lungs is approximately equal to the size of a tennis court.
- Most people have lost fifty per cent of their taste buds by the time they reach the age of sixty.
- Every square inch of skin on the human body has about 32 million bacteria on it, fortunately, the vast majority of them are harmless.
- From the age of thirty, humans gradually begin to shrink in size.
- Hold out your hand and make a fist. If you are a kid, the size of your heart is same as the size of your fist and if you are an adult it is about the same size as twice as your fist.
- Humans are bioluminescent and glow in the dark. The light that we emit is 1,000 times weaker than our human eyes are able to pick up.
- If uncoiled, the DNA in all the cells in your body would stretch 10 billion miles, from here to Pluto and back.
- In each kidney, there are 1 million filters that clean around 1.3 liters of blood every minute and push out close to 1.5 liters of urine every day.
- In the average lifetime, we spend five years eating and we consume around 7,000 times our own weight in food.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open and We humans are the best long-distance runners on the planet. Better than any four-legged animal. In fact, thousands of years ago we used to run after our prey until they died of exhaustion.
- If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's neck.
- When we go to sleep and enter REM (Rapid Eye Movement),our bodies become completely paralyzed as areas of the brain that control movement are de-activated. It is this that stops us falling out of bed.
- Koalas and primates are the only animals with unique fingerprints. Humans, apes and koalas are unique in the animal kingdom due to the tiny prints on the fingers of their hands.
- Provided there is water, the average human could survive a month to two months without food depending on their body fat and other factors.
- The human brain cells can hold between 3 and 1000 Terabytes of information. The National Archives of Britain, containing over 900 years of history , only takes up 70 terabytes .
- 40 Awesome Facts About Observable Universe That You Love To Know
- Fascinating Amazing Facts About Our Earth That You Must Read Right Now
Check this Video,
For More videos about amazing facts about human body Click Here,
Amazing Facts About Human Body(Videos)
Glad to see you here.....Keep Checking Interestingawesome.blogspot.com for interesting stuffs. And don't forget to share this in your network....Thanks...!!!